|Posted by The Writer on July 4, 2011 at 12:44 PM|
Passion found for me and suggested posting it. I should probably put her in charge of finding all of the writing contests that can be entered by all or a majority of the members.
"Totem Head's 2011 Story Contest"
This contest is open to US residents under 19 years old. There are 4 categories.
1. Ages 9 and under
2. Ages 10-12
3. Ages 13-15
4. Ages 16-18
The deadline is December 31st 2011
One winner from each category will receive the following prizes.
1. Publication on AdventureWrite.com/kids
2. $50 cash
3. Certificate of Achievement
Adventure Write will choose one winner from each category based on:
1. Suitability for the Adventure Write Kid's website
2. Entertainment and Creativity
3. Spelling, grammar and punctuation
How to Enter :
1. Finish Totem Head's Tutorial.
2. Write a story in 1500 words or less. Make your story appropriate for kids. The first sentence should start with "So there I was".
3. Fill out a Contest Entry Form
4. Scan and email your Contest Entry Form
5. Type your story directly into the body of your email, or attach it to your email as a Microsoft Word or a .txt file. (That's a file created using the Notepad program.)
6. Email your submission to: [email protected]
7. If you prefer, you may send your submission(s) through the mail to:
Adventure Write - Story Contest
P.O. Box 113074
Anchorage AK 99511-3074